Frequently Asked Chandi Questions
Q: What is Chandi?
- A: Chandi is a high-end, custom design, lighting company whose focus is on elegance, quality and customer satisfaction.
Q: How did Chandi come about?
- A: Meredith Clark created Chandi in Los Angeles in 1997. Her vision was to fuse the elegance of classic chandelier design with contemporary sensibilities. In addition to wholesaling her Chandi line, she quickly began creating unique lighting for notable clients in Los Angeles and focusing on true collaboration with clients and designers worldwide.
Q: How do Chandis compare to other chandeliers?
- A: Chandi is unique in that it is one of the few lighting companies today that works directly with clients to produce customized fixtures that suit your individual taste.
Q: Where is Chandi located?
- A: Meredith moved the Chandi production studio to Idaho in 2010 to enhance the world experience of her two sons. She travels to Los Angeles and the greater New York area often to meet with designers and clients and welcomes site visits whenever possible.
Q: Where can I see Chandis in person?
- A: Chandi works with many designers and retailers throughout the United States, Canada and the world. Please call us for a list of retailers in your area.
Q: Where are Chandis fabricated?
- A: All Chandis are handmade in the US. We work closely with metal artisans in Los Angeles and Idaho to create all of our frames. Everything else,from frame finishing, UL electrical wiring, dressing of the fixture and the packing of your Chandi is done in house.
Q: Can I customize my Chandi?
- A: Absolutely. This is your Chandi! We will work with you to create a piece that is uniquely your own.
Q: How long will it take to receive my Chandi?
- A: Usual lead time on Chandis is 10-12 weeks from the time the deposit is received and production begins. Custom frames and larger pieces can take 16-20 weeks.